London, UK – 8 October 2020: Dugout has created a unique position for Kia within the UEFA Europa League (UEL) landscape, allowing the brand to build greater affinity with the modern football fan across multiple markets and territories.
- Maximise Kia’s activation of key UEL sponsorship assets to fully leverage the partnership in an
- Create engaging UEL content using clubs, players, and legends.
- Establish Kia’s position as a provider of engaging, insightful content in the minds of UEL fans.
- Activate Kia’s sole and exclusive partnership right as the ‘Official Match Ball Carrier’.
- Deliver exclusive content strands and create a ‘Kia-owned’ content platform.
- Maintain engagement with fans throughout the COVID-19-enforced lockdown, producing high-quality videos to fill the void of live UEL matches.
- Dugout was responsible for the strategic setup, ideation, concepting, production (filming and editing) and delivery of Kia’s UEL content.
- To create a destination for fans across the season, a dedicated ‘Kia Home of Football’ channel was launched across Dugout platforms to showcase a range of high-quality video series from the UEL-Kia partnership, examples of which include:
A bespoke, emotive series launched to activate Kia’s position as Official Match Ball Carrier, where young football fans from all over Europe deliver the match ball to the pitch ahead of UEL matches.
‘The UEFA Europa League Trophy Tour Driven by Kia’
As the 2019 UEL Trophy moved through Europe, football boots were collected from fans, and alongside the UEFA Foundation, the boots were donated to children in the Za’atari Camp in Jordan.
A series of videos, published ahead of UEL fixtures, where a group of home fans, such as Greece’s PAOK, provide a unique behind-the-scenes tour of their club.
‘Making of a Legend’
Activates Kia’s UEL partnership away from the pitch by exploring unknown life-stories of some of Europe’s greatest players including Didier Drogba, Steven Gerrard and
During the COVID-19 enforced pause of live football, Kia and Dugout launched the ‘The Hero’s Walk, At Home’ series ensuring young football fans, who would usually carry out the ball ahead of UEL games, continued to have the opportunity to meet their footballing idols. Youngsters met their heroes remotely, giving them the exclusive opportunity to speak to three football icons: Luis Fabiano, Bruno Fernandes and Esteban Cambiasso.
- Dugout brought to life Kia’s sponsorship of the UEL, with engaging and high-quality videos, allowing Kia to build an affinity with UEL fans.
- Dugout’s high-quality videos, activated Kia’s UEL sponsorship, with huge global interest on and around UEL matchdays.
- Dugout has produced and shared 61 videos in total distributed across 172 territories.
- Dugout innovatively adapted to produce engaging content during the Coronavirus pandemic with the ‘The Hero’s Walk, At Home’ series, allowing young fans to meet with their heroes remotely.
- Dugout’s analytical support allowed Kia to identify the best performing videos on the Kia Home of Football page on Dugout.com, to further understand what content best engages fans underpinning a successful campaign.
Dugout is a unique digital media company co-owned by 10 of the world’s biggest football clubs.
Since launching in 2016 with A.C. Milan, Arsenal, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Juventus, Liverpool, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid there are now 100+ clubs, National Football Federations and Leagues in partnership with Dugout. This collaboration helps football clubs educate, engage and grow their digital fanbase via a premium global publisher network.
Using current and archived footage, Dugout creates and distributes over 3,500 brand safe, professional videos delivering 400 million views globally a month and growing.
For media enquiries or more information contact:
Ph. +44 (0) 7940 375282